Vitality Care, LLC is licensed by the State of Colorado to provide In-Home Support Services (IHSS) under Medicaid’s HCBS program.
IHSS is a participant-directed Medicaid program that provides the recipients with assistance regarding their health needs, household tasks and personal care. The following services are provided under this program:
- Health Maintenance activities, comprising help with various health related needs
- Personal Care activities, such as bathing, dressing, grooming, or eating
- Homemaking services, such as housekeeping, meal preparation and laundry
IHSS Waivers Include:
Medicaid Waiver Programs
Vitality Care offers Medicaid Waiver Programs, including In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) arrangements where we hire your choice of attendant or you can choose from our existing staff.
Services provided under the Medicaid Waiver Programs often include:
- Hair Care
- Skin Care
- Nail Care
- Meal Preparation and Feeding
- Medication Assistance
- Respiratory Care
- Range of Motion
- Catheter Maintenance
- Toilet Assistance
- Dressing Assistance
- Decubitus/Wound/Ulcer Prevention Care
- Ambulation Assistance
- Personal/Oral/Dental Hygiene (per Care Plan)
- Vital Signs (TRP/BP, Weight, Report of Abnormal Findings to RN)
IHSS Program- Includes Relative Care!
IHSS enables consumers to have real choices in selecting, managing, and, if necessary, firing their attendants while still having the support of an agency, that can provide on-call, back-up services. The service is geared to individuals with severe disabilities who are on the Elderly Blind and/or Disabled (EBD) or Children’s Home and Community Based Services (C-HCBS) waivers. Attendants called Health Maintenance Attendants, (HMA’s) providing this necessary service do not have to be licensed as CNA’s, but receive training [initial and continuing] from an RN in the client’s home.
Benefits and Services:
You will get your waiver’s benefits. If you qualify, you may be able to get assistance to help you remain in your home and community. This includes:
- Help with health related needs such as catheter management, medication administration and equipment transfers, range of motion exercises, etc.
- Help with homemaker services such as light housekeeping, meal preparation, and laundry
- Help with personal care activities such as bathing, dressing, or eating
How it works:
You get to pick the IHSS Agency attendant who helps you with these tasks. All attendants providing IHSS must be employed by an IHSS agency. IHSS agencies provide 24-hour, 7-day a week back-up service in case your attendant can’t make it to your home.
You can pick an IHSS Agency attendant such as a friend or family member, to provide IHSS but there are some exclusions.
Family members can only be paid for up to 40 hours per week of personal care activities such as bathing, dressing, or eating. Your IHSS agency has a health professional available to help with any medical concerns you have.