Spinal Cord Injury Waiver (SCI)
Vitality Care is certified to service clients under Spinal Cord Injury Waiver. The waiver for Persons with a Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) is geographically limited to the Denver Metro Area and there is no waitlist. In 2020, there will be an independent evaluation presented to the State legislature that will measure the health outcomes, quality of life, and cost expenditures for waiver participants receiving acupuncture, massage therapy and chiropractic services through the SCI waiver. Based on this report, the legislature will determine whether to continue these services or expand them.
The Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for Persons with a Spinal Cord Injury helps individuals with spinal cord injuries remain in a community setting.
To qualify for the SCI waiver, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a diagnosis of a spinal cord injury
- Have been determined to have a significant functional impairment
- Have been determined to be financially eligible
- If you do not meet the financial requirements, you may be eligible through the Health First Colorado Buy-In Program for Working Adults with Disabilities.
- Reside in one of the following Denver Metro Area counties:
Benefits and Services
- Adult Day Services
- Consumer Directed Attendant Support Services (CDASS)
- Home Modification
- Homemaker Services
- In-Home Support Services
- Medication Reminder
- Non-Medical Transportation
- Personal Care
- Personal Emergency Response Systems
- Respite Care
Additionally, this waiver offers Complementary and Integrative Health Services:
- Chiropractic Care
- Massage Therapy
How to Apply
If you are already enrolled in Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program), contact your local Single Entry Point (SEP) to start the waiver application process.